Benzinga debuted a brand new present on its YouTube channel Friday. The present will air each Friday and recap the highest occasions of the week for inventory merchants.
Listed here are the top ten stock market moving headlines of the previous week.
10: Tesla Fourth Quarter Deliveries: Electrical automobile big Tesla Inc (NASDEQ:TSLA) reported file fourth quarter deliveries to kick off the buying and selling week and the beginning of 2022. The corporate reported fourth quarter deliveries of 308,600, which marked a 28% quarter-over-quarter improve from the third quarter.
Deliveries for the fourth quarter have been up 71% year-over-year and got here in sharply forward of analysts’ expectations. Tesla delivered 936,172 items for the total fiscal yr, beating analyst estimates as effectively.
Shares of Tesla began the week buying and selling greater however ended the week down 3%, closing Friday at $1,026.96.
9: Elizabeth Holmes Responsible: Theranos Inc Founder and former CEO Elizabeth Holmes was found guilty on 4 counts of legal fraud. A jury convicted the founding father of the blood-testing startup on one rely of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and three counts of wire fraud in opposition to an investor. Holmes was discovered responsible of 4 extra prices, whereas the jury was unable to succeed in a verdict on three different prices.
Holmes helped Theranos increase over $400 million from buyers and have become a media darling throughout her time with Theranos.
Holmes faces a jail sentence of as much as 20 years on the costs. A sentencing date has not but been introduced.
8. Ford Bumps Up F-150 Lightning Manufacturing: On Tuesday, Ford Motor Co (NYSE:F) announced it will almost double manufacturing of the extremely anticipated electrical pickup truck, the F-150 Lightning. Ford additionally introduced it was opening the primary order financial institution for the truck on Thursday.
Ford is now planning to supply 150,000 Lightning vans per yr by mid-2023. The elevated manufacturing figures come attributable to “hovering buyer demand.” Ford reported it had round 200,000 reservations for the Lightning as of Tuesday, excluding fleet reservations. Buyer deliveries of the Lightning are anticipated within the spring of 2022.
Ford shares hit new 52-week highs throughout the week of $24.95. Shares of Ford are up 170% within the final yr.
7: Wejo Companions With Microsoft: Related automobile knowledge firm Wejo Group Restricted (NASDAQ:WEJO) announced its new Neural Edge Processing platform. The platform comes as a partnership with Microsoft Corp (NASDAQ:MSFT), which can also be an investor in Wejo.
Wejo mentioned the brand new platform will assist “allow clever dealing with of knowledge from automobiles at scale.” The platform may also present insights into automotive innovation and assist shield privateness.
Wejo mentioned the brand new platform might assist make automobiles safer, advance electrical and autonomous automobile expertise and cut back congestion and emissions.
Associated Hyperlink: Why The Stock Market Dropped Following Fed Meeting
6. Fed Assembly Promote Off: Shares sold off Wednesday after particulars from the December Federal Open Market Committee assembly have been launched. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell and different officers anticipate excessive inflation lasting past 2022. The Fed might increase rates of interest before trade specialists initially thought.
The minutes have been launched Wednesday at 2 p.m. ET, which was adopted by main indices and shares promoting off. Tech and excessive progress shares have been hit hardest, as they have a tendency to expertise greater declines in high-interest charge environments.
The Invesco QQQ Belief Collection 1 (NASDAQ:QQQ), which tracks the efficiency of the NASDAQ 100 Index, was down 3.1% Wednesday. The SPDR S&P 500 ETF Belief (NYSE:SPY), which tracks the S&P 500 was down 1.9% Wednesday.
5. Bitcoin Falls: Together with shares promoting off Wednesday, Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) and different main cryptocurrencies began to fall to finish the week. Bitcoin, which started the 2022 yr on the $47,000 stage, dropped to ranges final seen in September 2021, setting new three month lows.
Bitcoin trades at $40,850 on the time of writing.
4. Stellantis Companions With Amazon: The proprietor of auto manufacturers that embrace Dodge, Fiat, Chrysler and Jeep announced a partnership with Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN). Stellantis Inc (NYSE:STLA) will use Amazon’s expertise to assist created linked in-vehicle experiences and assist practice automotive software program engineers.
Stellantis will use Amazon Net Providers as its most popular cloud supplier for all its automobile platforms going ahead as a part of the brand new multi-year deal. Stellantis may also use the Alexa voice assistant in its automobile lineup.
3. Ark Innovation Hits New Lows: Nicely-known ETF Ark Innovation ETF (NYSE:ARKK) led by Cathie Wooden hit new 52-week lows on Thursday, falling under the $85 stage. Ark Innovation was down round 48% from its highs Thursday and shares are down 10% the primary week of 2022.
The highest 5 holdings in ARKK are Tesla at 8.7%, Roku Inc (NASDAQ:ROKU) at 6.1%, Teladoc Well being Inc (NYSE:TDOC) at 6.1%, Zoom Video Communications Inc (NASDAQ:ZM) at 6.0% and Coinbase International Inc (NASDAQ:COIN) at 5.1%. All the high 5 holdings besides Tesla are close to 52-week lows.
Ark Innovation is up 130% over the past three years and up over 315% over the past 5 years, making it one of many high performing ETFs within the respective time frames.
2. Oil Rallies On Kazakhstan Unrest: Political uncertainty within the nation of Kazakhstan and provide outages in Libya led to rallies within the worth of oil all through the week.
1. Worth Shares Outperform Development: The beginning of 2022 began off with the development of worth shares being favored by buyers over expertise and excessive progress shares. The development comes with a number of macro points like inflation, political unrest in Kazakhstan and market uncertainty.
What’s Subsequent: Observe together with Benzinga TV to get the most recent information and actionable buying and selling concepts all through the week. Join a free trial of Benzinga Pro to get market headlines and actionable buying and selling concepts in actual time.
PreMarket Prep airs Monday by way of Friday at 8 a.m. EST adopted by Stay Buying and selling.